Milwaukee Investment Advisors
A Business, A Family
Marietta is an independent Registered Investment Advisor staffed by an experienced, accessible, and tight-knit team of professionals.
As Director, Charlie works with the partnership group to establish Marietta’s strategic objectives and oversee progress towards their achievement. In doing so, he draws upon experience managing the firm’s finances, human resources, and operations.
Outside the office, Charlie enjoys playing music with friends, exploring America’s National Parks, and surveying Milwaukee’s vibrant food scene.
Experience and Education
- Project Manager, Liquid Impact 液体震撼
- Middlebury College, BA
- Zhejiang Industrial University, China
- Columbia University in the City of New York at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Milwaukee Public Library Foundation, Board Member
- Rotary Club of Milwaukee, Member
- SecureFutures, Volunteer Educator and Fund Development Committee Member
Robert C. Draper, JD October 5, 2018
Robert works with individual, family, and trust clients to craft investment strategies to help them meet their financial goals. As a member of the investment team he is continuously researching and analyzing market factors and equity securities to support the team’s investment decisions. Additionally, Robert serves as Marietta’s Chief Compliance Officer, maintaining a strong culture of compliance with industry rules and regulations for the firm and its employees.
Robert has a passion for the outdoors, music, and following his favorite sports teams (which may not be based in Milwaukee).
Education and Experience
- Sidley Austin LLP, Associate
- Boston University School of Law, JD
- Princeton University, AB cum laude
- Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Salon Series Co-Chair
- Secure Futures, Volunteer Educator
Lori J. Brook October 5, 2018
Lori has been a member of the Marietta Family since the founding of the company in 2000. As the firm’s Operations Manager, she oversees portfolio start-ups, trading, and the firm’s reporting infrastructure but most of all she enjoys working closely with clients to ensure they receive the high-quality service they deserve.
Outside the office, she most loves being a Mom and encouraging her son to be the best he can be.
- WFA Asset Management, Office Manager
- Equitable Stefaniak, Real Estate Agent
- Elmbrook Church
- Elmbrook Humane Society
- World Vision, Child Sponsor
- Hunger Task Force, Volunteer and Supporter
- World Wildlife Fund, Supporter
John T. Evans, PhD October 5, 2018
With 40 years of experience as an investment portfolio manager, John brings wisdom to investment discussions. He believes, “If knowledge is knowing what to do, then wisdom is knowing what not to do.” An important lesson he’s learned is that intellectual humility is a necessary prerequisite to successful investing; investing must never become an ego sport.
John’s objective is to provide clients with peace of mind, which can be achieved only when portfolios are tailored to their unique circumstances and adapt with the anticipated investment outlook. His clients are aware of his genuine concern for their happiness and prosperity, and he enjoys sharing perspectives on life in general as much as those on financial markets. He takes great pride in the dedication of his colleagues to assist clients and maintain the professional integrity of the firm, and he enjoys the congenial spirit of our dynamic, forward-thinking team.
His greatest joy is his family, with his favorite moments being the times his wife and he spend with their two daughters, son and two grandchildren. His favorite activities (as well as his greatest frustrations) are fishing for muskies and golfing. He also enjoys watching sports, politics, and investment shows, and takes an active interest in history and historic preservation.
Education and Experience
- Baird Investment Management Services, Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager
- University of Southern California, Faculty
- Stanford University, Faculty
- Stanford University, MA, PhD
- Yale University, BA cum laude
Jonathan A. Smucker, MBA October 5, 2018
As a Portfolio Manager, Jon learns each client’s unique needs and values, invests accordingly, and communicates the strategy’s progress to all interested parties.
When he’s not reading research papers or pouring over economic data, he loves to travel, play music, and cheer on his beloved Milwaukee sports teams.
Education and Training
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business, MBA
- Macalester College, BA
- Series 65 Certification
- SecureFutures, Marketing Committee Co-Chair
- Teens Grow Greens, Marketing Taskforce and Volunteer
Mary T. Allmon, CFP® October 5, 2018
As a Portfolio Manager and Partner, Mary works directly with individuals and institutions to create customized investment programs. She is a dedicated advocate for her clients and colleagues.
Outside the office, Mary is most excited when she is exploring – Milwaukee or any new location – especially by bicycle. She is a champion of women’s leadership, financial literacy, and the arts in Milwaukee.
Education and Experience
- MGIC Investment Corporation
- Marquette University, BS
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Malaika Early Learning Center, Board of Directors and Finance Committee
- NAF at James Madison Academic Campus, Advisory Board Member and Past Committee Chair
- TEMPO Milwaukee Emerging Women Leaders, Events Committee Co-Chair
- Pearls for Teen Girls, Finance Committee
- Contemporary Arts Society, Programming Committee
- Momentum Milwaukee, Member
Amanda K. Grams, MBA September 28, 2018
As a Portfolio Administrator, Amanda is responsible for back-office operations and maintaining client relationships through high-quality service to prospective, new, and existing clients.
Amanda enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and new experiences.
Education and Training
- Marquette University, MBA
- University of Wisconsin, BBA
- Zephyr StyleADVISOR Certification
- Junior League of Milwaukee, Member
- Elmbrook Humane Society, Volunteer
A Message From Our Founder
I think it is the dream of every career professional to be the captain of his own ship. This was very true of me in late 1999 as I passed my 57th birthday and my 22nd year as a portfolio manager. Over these years, I developed the conviction that the best possible firm needed to be dedicated to several basic principles, some of which ran contrary to the firm I was with at the time. I was also aware that it is customary for 60-year-old professionals to wind down their activities and transfer their business to younger colleagues. The thought of easing into retirement was unpleasant, for it would involve losing contact with clients, severing ties with colleagues, and sacrificing my passion for the professional investment process. I had to make a move soon or never. The decision was not easy. Starting a business was as scary as it was exciting: I was not independently affluent, I had a wife and three teenage children, and the investment advisory business is notoriously competitive and unpredictable. My conclusion, which I have never regretted, was that the opportunities were worth the risk.
John T. Evans
Founder and Managing Partner